Henri Demarquette, born in 1970, was thirteen when he attended the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique in Paris, studying with Philippe Muller and Maurice Gendron. He was unanimously awarded a Premier Prix, and worked with Pierre Fournier and Paul Tortelier before taking lessons from Janos Starker in Bloomington, USA. Familiar with the stage by the time he was fourteen, Demarquette made his concert debut at seventeen with a recital at the Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris and a recording for France 3 Television with pianist Hélène Grimaud. He caught the attention of Lord Yehudi Menuhin, who invited him to play Dvorák’s Concerto in Prague and Paris with Menuhin conducting. His career has been international ever since, taking him to many capitals in the company of the greatest French and international orchestras – most recently the Orchestre National de France, the London Philharmonic, the Vienna Chamber Orchestra, the Ensemble Orchestral de Paris, the Tokyo Symphony, the Orchestre National Bordeaux-Aquitaine, the Symphonia Varsovia, the Neue Philharmonie Westphalen – and he has appeared with his favourite piano-partners Brigitte Engerer, Michel Dalberto, Giovanni Bellucci and Boris Berezovsky. His performance of Henri Dutilleux’s Concerto “Tout un monde lointain” with Mannheim’s Akademisches Orchester conducted by Frédéric Chaslin was filmed for France Europe Média with the aid of SACEM. In 2011 and 2012, he performs with several orchestras : Orchestre National de France, Sinfonia Varsovia, Saint-Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, Ural Philharmonic Orchestra, NDR Hanover, Orchestre National de Lille, Orchestre Français des Jeunes, Orchestre Philharmonique de Marseille, Orchestre de Cannes-Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur... He also plays at Théâtre des Champs-Elysées with Brigitte Engerer, at the Salle Pleyel, Berlin Philharmonie, Salle Gaveau, Opéra de Marseille... He has also been awarded the “Prix de la Fondation Simone et Cino del Duca” by the Académie des Beaux Arts. Henri Demarquette plays “le Vaslin”, cello created by Stradivarius in 1725, on loan from LVMH - Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton.